Clinical and scientific societies with relevance to sleep can become members of the World Sleep Society house of society delegates. To join, the president or chairperson of the society must submit a completed societal membership application. Membership runs for one calendar year from January 1 to December 31.
- Organization has been active for at least 1 year
- Organization’s membership consists of professionals working in the fields of sleep medicine, sleep health or sleep science
- Organization is ONE of the following:
• A national society registered (incorporated) with the national government and governed by bylaws or a constitution OR
• A regional or local society with a governing board and a minimum of 50 members
- Organization is nominated by a current Associate Society Member
- Organization has notable activities and/or accomplishments from the previous 1-2 years
Applications will not be approved from:
- Patient organizations
- For-profit companies or consulting organizations and corporations
- Societies with aims and missions that conflict with those of the World Sleep Society
- After submission, the application is reviewed by staff to determine whether complete. Staff obtain additional information if needed and summarize whether criteria have been met.
- The application is then given to World Sleep Society House of Delegates to review and provide a recommendation for approval or rejection. This recommendation is sent to the Governing Council for ratification.
- The applying Society is notified of the outcome via email.
- Accepted societies are added to the list of Current Associate Society Members and to the House of Delegates.
Cost to Member Society:
Member societies can select one of the following options for membership dues as a Society Member:
- Promote World Sleep Society to your individual members no more than monthly. World Sleep Society will provide a communication to forward or share with your members, which includes information related to the congress, World Sleep Society programs, and society membership benefits.
- Provide World Sleep Society with a contact list of your members for communication of World Sleep Society programs and events. World Sleep Society does not sell, distribute, or release contact information to third parties.
- Pay an annual Associate Society Membership fee of US$2500