***Multiple positions will be hired from this posting***
Pulmonary Associates of Richmond (PAR) has been around since 1974. That's 50 years of serving the greater Richmond community and we continue to grow! We specialize in pulmonary medicine, sleep disorders and research. Our staff cares about our patients and delivers the utmost excellence in quality care and customer service.
We are looking for an experiences, fully registered and certified Sleep Technician to work at our Sleep Center. This position is a PRN position. Our sleep staff are dedicated to patient care - that's what makes our Sleep Disorder Center known as the "Gold Standard" for sleep medicine in Virginia.
- Review patient chart to check for sleep study order.
- Prepare and calibrate equipment required for testing. Explain pre-testing, testing and post testing procedures to the patient.
- Apply electrodes and sensors to patients according to accepted established standards.
- Perform positive airway pressure (PAP) mask fitting.
- Perform appropriate physiologic calibration to ensure proper signals and adjust if necessary.
- Follow "Lights out" procedures to establish and document baseline values.
- Perform polysomnographic data acquisition while monitoring study-tracing quality to ensure signals are artifact-free and adjust if necessary.
- Document routine observations.
- Implement appropriate interventions, including therapeutic interventions such as continuous and bi-level positive airway pressure, and interventions necessary for patient's safety such as oxygen administration.
- Score sleep/wake stages and clinical events by applying professionally accepted guidelines and lab protocols; generate accurate reports by tabulating data.
- Follow "lights on" procedures to verify integrity of collected data and complete the data collection process.
- Educate and coach patients through the duration of the study.
- Clean masks and hoses after studies, inform day techs if equipment needs maintenance or supplies are running low.
- Participate in AASM interscorer reliability program once/month.
- Obtain 10 CEUs per year (year us based on anniversary date of employment)
- Participate in the call schedule monthly.
- At least 1 year of experience will be considered equivalent education in lieu of experience
- HS Diploma or equivalent, Associate (preferred)
- RPSGT credential or eligibility to sit for exam required
- VA state license required
- Registered Sleep Technologist (Preferred)
- RPSGT (Preferred)
- Sitting for long periods of time as well as occasional standing and walking
- Manual dexterity for using a computer keyboards and office machines.
- Ability to view computer screens for long periods.
- Occasional stress related to workload demands.
Pulmonary Associates is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply for RPSGT Night PRN using the link below: