Polysomnographic Tech II
UF Health Shands Hospital
UF Health Shands Hospital is consistently ranks among the nation's best hospitals. We're recognized for delivering high-quality patient care, and we have polysomnographic technologist jobs open now. If you're a sleep tech looking for a rewarding position where you'll learn and grow, start a new chapter in your career with us.
Delivering the best patient care requires the best care for our team.
- You'll learn competitive compensation to keep you happy and productive.
- We look out for you and ourselves with full health and wellness benefits.
- Tuition reimbursement is available to help you grow.
Our patients - and our people - are the heart of what we do.
Make and impact, as a polysomnographic technologist at UF Health Shands, you will:
- Study patients' sleeping patterns and help physicians in diagnosing and treating sleep disorders.
- Help determine which sleep tests are necessary, explain sleep study procedures to patients, and communicate with family members before and after testing is complete.
- Obtain medical histories of patients.
- Prepare sleep/wake cycles during patients' sleep and prep reports for interpretation by physicians.
- Administer oxygen and nasal continuous positive airway pressure and employ ventilatory devices.
- Recognize and identify at-risk events and notify supervising physicians.
- Maintain supplies and equipment and keep a patient information storage and retrieval system.
To achieve excellence in this full-time role, we're looking for:
- A high school graduate, but a college bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Certified as a Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT) from the BRPT or have the AASM's Registered Sleep Technologist certification (RST)
- A board-eligible graduate of an accredited polysomnography program, which will be considered, although you MUST pass the board examination within three months of employment.
- Current on your CPR certification (needed prior to your first day of clinical work).
Schedule: Full time
Shift: Nightime with shift differential
Location: 1600 SW Archer Rd. Gainesville, FL 32608
We stand for excellence, so to achieve success as a polysomnographic tech at UF Health Shands we expect you to be:
· A high school graduate, but a college bachelor’s degree is preferred.
· Certified as a Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT) from the BRPT or have the AASM's Registered Sleep Technologist certification (RST).
· A board-eligible graduates of an accredited polysomnography program – which will be considered, though you MUST pass the board examination within three months of employment.
· A current CPR certification - required prior to your first day of clinical work.
Discover the many reasons UF Health Shands has earned accolades as a medical provider and as an employer.
For full job requirements and to apply: https://shands.careers.ufhealth.org/jobs/Polysomnographic_Tech_II_Sleep_Disorders/Gainesville_Florida/100/329064/
UF Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V and a drug-free workplace.