|Position Title||Postdoctoral Fellow, Pediatric Sleep and School Mental Health|
|Department/Unit||Psychology and Neuroscience|
|Job Summary & Key Responsibilities||
Corkum LABS is seeking a Post-Doctoral Fellow for our current research programs focused on pediatric sleep and school mental health. Supervised by Dr. Penny Corkum, the successful candidate will work on current research projects at Corkum LABS, with a focus on data management, analysis, and manuscript preparation. The candidate will adhere to research protocols and requirements of the IWK Health Centre Research Ethics Board. The position will be based at Dalhousie University.
|Qualifications/Requirements of Position||
Duties and responsibilities
• Develop and utilize an electronic data capture system (e.g., REDCap databases)
• Design and maintain databases, data collection forms, and error checking methods for efficient data collection
• Conduct procedures for exporting and cleaning the data
• Extract appropriate data from merged databases and ensuring data anonymization strategies are adhered to
• Contribute to the lab’s data collection and statistical analyses, and provide supervision about these to students and staff
• Collaborate with the research team and contribute to the preparation of ethics documents and ensuring that studies are being implemented in compliance with these protocols
• Conduct website development, graphic creation, and digital formats
• Contribute to the dissemination of study results; write, critically review, and edit scientific manuscripts and presentations
• A PhD in psychology or related discipline (e.g., Behavioral Science)
• Knowledge and experience with database development and management required. Knowledge of REDCap and NVIVO would be given preference
• Experience and competency in conducting qualitative and quantitative data analysis, including multi-variate analysis using SPSS is required. Knowledge of other statistical software (e.g., R statistical software) would be an asset
• Previous experience working in a research environment with experiences in the areas listed above. Working in a research setting involving studies focused on sleep, as would research experience in the field of intervention and/or implementation science would be an asset
• Must possess critical thinking skills, excellent oral and written communication, and the ability to work collaboratively
• Interest in supervision of research students and staff in the areas of responsibilities noted above
• Ability to work efficiently in a self-directed manner
|Salary Range/Pay Rate||$45,000-$55,000|
Dalhousie University commits to achieving inclusive excellence through continually championing equity, diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. The university encourages applications from Indigenous persons (especially Mi’kmaq), persons with a disability, racialized persons, including persons of Black/African descent (especially African Nova Scotians), women, persons of a minority sexual orientation and/or gender identity, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community. For more information, please visit www.dal.ca/hiringfordiversity.
Dalhousie’s vaccine mandate has been suspended at this time, and employees no longer need to provide proof of full vaccination. However, health and safety risks to our community will continue to be monitored and a vaccine mandate may be reinstated if necessary.
Posting Detail Information
|Term of appointment||One year with potential renewal for at least another year. Position to begin as soon as possible.|
|Open Until Filled||No|
|Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting||https://dal.peopleadmin.ca/postings/11107|
Apply for job
Sorry! application is not available.