Become a representative to the Societies House of Delegates
Clinical and Scientific Societies with relevance to sleep can become members of the Wold Sleep Society house of society delegates. To join, the president or chairperson of the society must submit a completed societal membership application. Membership runs for one calendar year, from January 1 to December 31.
- After submittal, the application is reviewed by staff to determine whether complete. Staff obtain additional information if needed and summarize whether criteria have been met.
- The application is then given to World Sleep Society House of Delegates to review and provide a recommendation for approval or rejection. This recommendation is sent to the Governing Council for ratification.
- The applying Society is notified of the outcome via email.
- Accepted societies are added to the list of Current Associate Society Members and to the House of Delegates.
Cost to Society:
- No financial cost option: An in-kind, annual promotion of World Sleep congress, including:
- Membership email list: Annual list of society members that includes name, email address and contact information. Emails can be sent directly from the Society if data confidentiality policies prevent sharing of membership list. This shall occur no more frequently than monthly and may be incorporated into regular Society member communications.
- Complimentary exhibit or educational booth at the society’s conference.
- Complimentary registration for 1 delegate at society’s conference.
- Promotional bag insert or email to society’s conference attendees.
2. Fixed price option: An annual fee of US$2500.
Associate Society Membership Criteria
- Society must have been active for at least 1 year.
- Members must be professionals working in the fields of sleep medicine, sleep health or sleep science.
- The society must be either:
i.) A national society registered (incorporated) with the national government and be governed by bylaws or a Constitution.
ii.) A regional or local society with a governing board and a minimum of 50 members, this to be at the discretion of the House of Delegates.
- Society must be nominated by a current World Sleep Society Associate Society Member. View Society Members.
Applications will not be approved from:
1. Patient organizations.
2. For-profit companies or consulting organizations and corporations.
3. Societies with aims and missions that conflict with those of the World Sleep Society.