Posted: September 10, 2018
World Sleep Society (WSS) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit in Rochester, MN. WSS hosts a biennial, international congress on sleep medicine and research in varying worldwide locations. In 2019, the congress will take place in Vancouver, Canada. In addition to the congress, the organization hosts an annual awareness day, World Sleep Day, and offers other programs as membership benefits to around 900 individual sleep professionals plus 30 associate sleep societies.
The Program Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the programs of World Sleep Society. Current programs include membership, awareness, education, and congress conference. The Program Assistant will work with other staff in all levels of the organization to aid the awareness and education programs, including providing direct support for membership, World Sleep Day and World Sleep congress.
Additionally, this position will provide support to the Canadian Sleep Society, our host of the World Sleep 2019 congress. Programs coordinated include Media, Communications and Website programs.
- Assist all programs in the areas of data entry, marketing, mailing and other support.
- Maintain membership roster of individual and society members and benefits.
- Establish, develop and maintain positive customer relationships with the Canadian Sleep Society committee chairs.
- Work closely with other staff members to assist with the World Sleep Day program by updating world-wide activities and other website pages.
- Prepare correspondence, forms, reports, meeting minutes and other written communications as required.
- Schedule/coordinate meetings, conference calls, appointments and special events.
- Maintain and monitor office calendar(s) and project timelines.
- Develop and maintain filing systems and computer databases.
- Participate in cross functional team projects and teams as assigned.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service and professional communication consistent with the World Sleep Society mission and values.
- Ability to work independently with strong time management skills / ability to think entrepreneurially.
- Demonstrate professional demeanor.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities effectively.
- Comfortable communicating via email and telephone with healthcare professionals, MDs, PhD, volunteers and external groups.
- Ability to establish priorities and make independent decisions.
- Ability to execute repetitive tasks and processes while maintaining a high degree of quality; data entry experience recommended.
- Seek and accept opportunities for professional growth and development.
- Minimum of two years successful experience in customer service, nonprofit programming or other related project management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree not required. Some college preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in project administration and time management.
- Proven ability to work with professional-level volunteers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency in use of technology, social media and standard office applications.
- Helpful to have experience in basic website CRMS and graphic design software.
Job Type: Full-time
- Customer service, nonprofit or program coordinating: 2 years
- Bachelor’s degree recommended
- $20 (plus/minus) per hour, depending on experience
- Benefit package includes paid time off and cafeteria medical plan
- Organization does not provide medical or life insurance benefit package
- Flexible start and end times; Monday-Friday; 40 hours per week
- Rochester, MN 55901
Interested applications should send a resume or CV with cover letter and writing sample. Examples of acceptable writing samples: professionally written email correspondence, past writing assignment, a 200-word description of a change you’ve made in your life. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a newly-created position that will remain open until filled.