Posted: March 1, 2018
The Program Coordinator is responsible for maintaining and expanding the membership, education, and awareness programs of World Sleep Society. This position will direct the annual individual membership campaign, communicating the membership benefits to our 900+ individual members. The position will also coordinate the society memberships by processing annual applications and communicating the benefits to each society member.
This position will provide primary support for Canadian Sleep Society, our host of the 2019 World Sleep congress. Programs that will be coordinated include Media, Communications and Website programs.
The Program Coordinator will also work with other staff in all levels of the organization to aid the awareness and education programs, including providing direct support for World Sleep Day and World Sleep congress.
- Maintain and expand membership programs that promote the individual and society membership benefits.
- Establish, develop and maintain positive customer relationships with the Canadian Sleep Society committee chairs.
- Develop project timeline by creating list of action steps, communicating work that needs to be done and following up to obtain their contribution within agreeable timeline.
- Work closely with other staff members to provide assistance with the World Sleep Day program by updating world-wide activities and other website pages.
- Participate in cross functional team projects and teams as assigned.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service and professional communication consistent with the World Sleep Society mission and values.
- Ability to work independently with strong time management skills with ability to think entrepreneurially.
- Demonstrates professional demeanor.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities effectively.
- Must feel comfortable communicating via email and telephone with healthcare professionals, MDs, PhD, volunteers and external groups.
- Ability to provide creative leadership, to establish priorities and to make independent decisions.
- Seeks and accepts opportunities for professional growth and development.
- Minimum of five years successful experience in customer service, nonprofit programming or other related project management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree recommended, but not required.
- Demonstrated skills in project management and time management.
- Proven ability to work with professional level volunteers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency in use of technology, social media and standard office applications.
- Helpful to have experience in basic website CRMS and graphic design software
Job Type: Full-time
- Customer service, nonprofit or program coordinating: 5 years
- Bachelor’s degree recommended
- $32,000 to $42,000 per year
- Flexible start and end times; Monday-Friday; 40 hours per week
- Rochester, MN 55901
Interested applications should send resume or CV to email@example.com. This is a newly-created position that will remain open until filled.